Wednesday 27 January 2016

Jessica Jones - Netflix Review



I am the worst at finishing a TV series. Whilst at university I spent my life in bed watching series after series, in third year I watched every episode of Greys Anatomy, as well as Sex in the City. But since I entered the real world, it seems I just want to sleep all the time in the evenings, and I have been struggling to find something I enjoy. As someone that was a huge fan of shows such as 'One Tree Hill', 'The OC' and 'Gossip Girl', I had come to the conclusion all the good shows had been cancelled. 

This recently changed when I discovered the new Netflix series, Jessica Jones. My boyfriend had suggested it as it seemed to be getting some good reviews and we kept hearing and seeing adverts everywhere. Initially I thought it didn't have high hopes,  as I recognised the leading actress as Krysten Ritter from 'Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23', a show which I found to be quite irritating and strongly disliked her character. I did however give it a chance and I was pleasantly surprised.  I no longer dislike her and I really enjoyed the programme. The whole series kept me wanting to know more and the storyline was really good. 
I don't want to say too much and give anything away, but I would definitely recommend it. For all the Doctor Who fans out there, David Tennant plays the 'bad guy' Kilgrave- this took some getting used to as I have never seen him play that type of role, but he was good. I have ended the series disliking the character, but that's a good thing! I also developed a bit of a girl crush on the character Trish, played by Rachael Taylor. 

Netflix also recently announced it has been renewed for a second season, so I can't wait to see what happens next!
My only problem now is that I'm struggling to find a replacement, so any recommendations would be appreciated. 

Over all I would give Jessica Jones 4/5 stars, as it does have a bit of a slow start. But I made it to the end which shows that it kept me entertained. 






No comments:

Post a Comment