Monday 8 September 2014

Summer.


It's safe to say I have probably had the most amazing summer of my life. You may have noticed my lack of posts over the last 3 months, and I assure you it was for a very good reason. I have spent the last 3 months working and travelling in America. I signed up for the 'Camp America' programme as I finished university and it was the best decision I made.


I set of on May 31st to London Heathrow where I boarded a plane to Newark. By lunchtime the next day I had arrived at my camp in Pennsylvania. My role was working in the office - I had general office duties such has answering the phone and sorting through the post etc. The days were long, but it was amazing. I met some of the best friends I have ever had and experienced some 'awesome' things. 
After camp I spent 2 weeks seeing some different areas of America. I started off in New York, then flew to New Orleans, then Los Angeles and finally I caught the Greyhound bus to Las Vegas. Each one was very different from the other. I couldn't really even pick a favourite. I could however pick a least favourite and that would be New Orleans, it was not at all what I had expected. Everywhere seemed pretty dirty and the area our hotel was in seemed a bit rough. It was still a good experience though and I am glad that I went.


Camp day trip to Philadelphia, Rocky Steps 

Beverly Hills

Santa Monica Beach

Hollywood Hills

Route 66

Venice Beach, LA

New Orleans

Venice Beach



Vegas
Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment