Thursday 20 February 2014

You are my sunshine.


Whilst walking around Oxford Street on my 'week before payday' trip to London, I was quick to notice a great trend this season. Yellow pastels were all over the place.
As I know we all love a good visual, here is a moodboard of my favourite yellow pieces, mainly from Topshop, River Island and Zara.





With my very limited student budget, there was only one way I could get in on this trend this week and that was with a nail varnish.
I went for a matte yellow shade that I found in Topshop which goes by the name of 'Cushy'. I have never bought a Topshop nail varnish before but I thought I would give it a go.



'Cushy' - Topshop £6

As much as I loved the shade of this polish, I'm not sure I like the matte effect. It was difficult to apply neatly as you can literally see every line in it. The photo was taken after 3 coats so it was a bit of a hassle. I will definitely use it again as I love the colour so much, however its a bit bright for this cold rainy weather, I'll get it out again when the sun returns!


No comments:

Post a Comment